Buying a home is an exciting and complex adventure. It can also be a very time-consuming and costly one if you’re not familiar with all aspects of the process and don’t have all the best information and resources at hand.
One of my specialties is representing the best interests of not only DC Metropolitan buyers but also first-time home buyers throughout the home buying process. My comprehensive, high-quality services can save you time and money, as well as make the experience more enjoyable and less stressful.
If you’re like most people, buying a home is the biggest investment you will ever make. So whether you’re buying a starter home, your dream home, or an investment property, why not take advantage of my experience as a local market expert for DC Metro area to make the most informed decisions you can, every step of the way?
Home Buying Process
1. Get Pre-Approved
- A pre-approval letter not only shows sellers that you are serious but it allows us time to improve your credit profile to obtain the best financing terms.
- Pro Tip: It is always prudent to shop your mortgage with several lenders to obtain the best rate and terms! I have a network of lenders that I can recommend who are highly competitive and can help you determine the best financing option for your situation.
2. Determine Your Budget
- Just because you can qualify for a larger mortgage doesn’t mean that is the best option for you and your family. Make a decision based on your current and future needs.
3. Determine Housing Wants and Needs
- Make a list of “must haves” and “nice to haves” – consider location, commute, schools, square footage, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, etc. As your agent I serve as a sounding board to compare your wants and needs to what is available on the market.
4. Get to Know the Area
- I am a full time realtor and can show properties at any time! I advise my clients to initially see several homes to gain an understanding for what is available on the market and to gain a feel for the community.
- Pro Tip: Bring your trusted advisers – parents, family, friends, and kids – to open houses to get an extra set of eyes and a different perspective.
5. Make an Offer
- To make the best offer you must have all essential information at hand. I will provide you with a comparative market analysis, neighborhood trends, school districts, and research the unique factors such as nearby development projects that may impact future home value.
- I will work to ensure that we provide a purchase contract that provides the best value for you! Things to consider: Timeline, Contingencies, Seller Concessions, Appraisal, and Home Inspection.
- I will walk you through the sales contract and addendums before we submit an offer. I take great pride in educating my clients on the home buying process. I am always available for questions. I will be there at closing to ensure that my services are always available to you!
Realtor, Samson Properties
6706 Old Dominion Drive,
McLean, VA 22101